Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where Am I ???

Hello Everyone.
Again this week I don' have a huge amount time so I will be writing a more general email.
On Friday we had zone conference and at the end, President Walker stood up and told us that transfers are inspired from the Lord, And proceded to tell us that one companionship was going to have a special transfer because new missionaries have arrived from the states. Elder Muñoz and I instantly knew it was us. So, at about 5 o'clock on Friday afternoon, We recieved a call from our leaders telling us that we were going to have transfers. Elder Muñoz is still in Moderna with a new American and I traveled 6 hours on Saturday morning, and am now in the Ward Tecnologico 2 in the town of Matamoros. I believe that if you were on the border, I could yell and you would be able to here me. We live about a half of a mile from the border. Maybe a mile, And we are in the very most Northeastern corner of Mexico. I was sad to leave Moderna, but happy for a new experience. My new companions name is Elder Vera. He is really new and has been out about 3 months so far in the mission. We have opened this area. It has been closed to missionaries for about a year. Who knows why? But we are excited to work hard and baptize alot. Everyone here knows Matamoros as the`promised land, because it is the most succesful area in the mission. In two days work, we have 2 people on line to be baptized so that is pretty exciting. I'm sorry that I dont have time to write you all personally this week. Just remember that I love you all and I appreciate every single one of your letters and emails.

With love and burning fire in my bones,

Elder Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment