Total Pageviews

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

Hello Hello!!!

All is well here in Moderna. The weather is fantastic. The work of the Lord is moving along quickly. I can feel the love of the Savior as we testify of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I especially feel this love as we testify of the reality of the atonement, the suffering of Jesus Christ for our sins. It is real! With the atonement we feel closer to the Savior and our heavenly Father. We become clean of our sins. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Holy Ghost, and perservering to the end. These are the things we need, and with these we will be happy for all eternity. What a great promise! And how simple. I feel as though it could be in an infomercial. "In 5 easy steps you too can have ETERNAL JOY!" But really, it is that simple for us. Why is it that the really simple things always seem to be the things we put off or forget? I pray that I never again forget what the Savior has done for me. That I never forget the simplicity of our Heavenly Father's plan.

Ok , well here is a little funny story for the week. Maybe it really isn't that funny, but in the moment it was hilarious, and Elder Carvajal and I had to fight back from busting out laughing. We were teaching a rather elderly man of ummmmm 90 YEARS!! He is really an amazing guy. He has gone through a lot and unlike most of the other elderly, very open to the gospel. He wants to learn. I'm not sure if he wants to change, but none the less wants to learn. During our lesson we were teaching him how to pray. We wrote out 4 simple steps for a prayer:

1. Start by saying "dear Heavenly Father"
2. "I give thanks for..."
3. "I ask for..."
4. end with "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"

He was reading the steps and as he came to the third he read, "I ask for three periods" and as he finished, he didn't read the amen correctly. He said, "A...W...E...N... What does that mean?" I couldn't respond because I was fighting back the tears from laughing. Like I said, for you it probably isn't that funny, but I was dying.

I know this gospel is true. That is why I am here. Besides, two years is going to fly.

I love you all,
Elder Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment