Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week 7 - MTC - August 10, 2010

Welp, Week 6 is done. Probably the toughest week so far. We had a lot of changes. Our district was combined with another district because there are a lot of new missionaries coming in. I really dislike that. We lost our teachers because of the change. They were all awesome. At least I've got E' Kiser still. We pretty much have the BOMBDEST (probably not a word, but I don't even speak English anymore, so who cares) comp. EVER! I had an extremely spiritual day on Sunday. I was having a rough day (yes they do happen from time to time). A member of my branch presidency sat me down in an interview. We had an amazing discussion. His name is Bro. Gubler. He may be the smartest person I have ever met, at least in terms to the gospel, and with that knowledge he brings a great spirit.

Lately, E' Kiser and I have been trying to work towards helping people try things and exercise faith that they will be blessed for it. I can't remember where it comes from, but most of you have most likely heard the analogy of "salt." Say we were to go up to someone who never in their life had tasted salt. We ask them, "Will you describe salt in your own words?" Most likely they would sit there for a few minutes dumbfounded and finally surrender that they had no idea. This gospel is the same way. How can one explain or understand the blessings that come through it without ever having tried it? When we practice faith and "try out" this gospel, we recieve a witness of its truthfulness and the blessings that come through it. I KNOW this gospel is true and that the Book of Mormon is true. I can feel it everyday and I feel the blessings that come through it pour out upon me more and more as I practice my faith in doing the things I have been asked.

I love you all,
E' Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment