Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Week 6 - MTC - Aug 3, 2010

I'm not sure about all of you out there in the real world, but here in the MTC time is non-existent. It has definitely been 5 weeks, but the fastest 5 weeks of my life!!! It is crazy insane! I almost wish it would slow down, just because I don't feel I have enough time to cram the Spanish language into my brain. The language is coming along fantastically anyway.

This last week, E. Kiser and I taught one of our "investigators", Juan. No idea how it happened, but I was speaking Spanish -- like real Spanish. I said everything I intended to and then some. It was amazing! I am definitely being blessed with the gift of tongues. After the lesson, Juan told us how he felt about it. He shared an incredible struggle he is going through. He is working on using the atonement (Christ's suffering in the garden and on the cross for our sins and hurt) to not only receive remission for his own sins, but to forgive those who may have done things against him. He is Chilean. He told us that we shared the message of the Atonement in clarity, and he felt the Spirit stronger than in any lesson he has even had here in the MTC. It was an amazing experience. Elder Kiser and I were speachless after it. Juan, being Chilean, is supposedly suppose to be one of the hardest people to understand here, but I have an easier time understanding him than I do the others. (Except some of the missionaries from Panama. I cant understand them hardly at all.)

Oh, and we were calling Spanish speakers in the Referral Center the other day. I ended up calling a lady in Puerto Rico. Santa BACA!!! I couldn't understand hardly anything. After she went on some 5 minute conversation with herself, I asked her if she would like to receive a message about Jesus Christ from missionaries. She gladly accepted and told us to come on Tuesday. It was quite hillarious. Afterwards, our teacher listened to the call, and he said he had no idea what she was rambling on about.

As far as the MTC goes, it has its ups and its downs. The food is not all that great, and the beds are not all that comfortable, but the spirit and friendship here are so strong that it makes up for any negative we might find here.

Soccer started getting out of hand here with like 20 people on each team, so a few elders and I have started playing a true gentleman's sport.... Horse Shoes. I am horrible at it, but it is still fun none the less. Well, that is about all for this week, I can't think of much else to say.

I love you all!

Elder Aaron Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment