Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 28, 2010

MTC - 8-24-10

Welp, Hi there everyone!

So funny story - I wrote this really long email and then deleted it. Que chido! Haha, not really. It was actually really annoying.

Well, anyway.... So if I have learned anything this week, it is definitely about the Lord's time table. Still, in no way do I understand it, not even in the slightest bit. But, nevertheless, I definitely know it is real and that in no way does it match up with my time table.

This past week has gone by incredibly fast and has been crazy busy. First off, Elder Kiser and I got a new companion, Hermana Cummings. At times she can be too much for me to handle. She is 24 years old and a 4th grade teacher. I say she is too much to handle, but aren't all companions at times? Elder Kiser has his times, but I still love the guy like my brother. Hermana Cummings brings her own cards to the table. It is just a change I wasn't expecting is all.

I was able to host the new missionaries last week, and I get to tomorrow as well. It is a nice change from the normal routine. Speaking of change... It is crazy that school is starting up at BYU again. I cannot believe it has been a year since I first showed up there. It's crazy how fast time flies when Heavenly Father blesses our lives. I know the next 2 years (22 months) are going to fly by for that reason.

Pretty much the best news of all is that I received my "Permiso" from the Mexican government to enter Mexico. Now I just have to wait for the consulate in Salt Lake to sign my Visa. It could be 2 days or 2 months. Only One knows. Also exciting news, I received travel plans on Friday. We are "suppose" to leave Monday (Aug 30)at 3:00 a.m. AGHH! Way early! Our flight leaves Salt Lake at 6:00 a.m. and then we have a 4 hour layover in Dallas, and then fly straight to Monterrey. Well anyway, none of that matters because I don't have my Visa - yet.

I received an email from my Mission President today. Nothing exciting - it was sent to the whole mission. But yeah, that was nice. He sounds like an awesome guy. I can't wait to meet President Walker.

We had our weekly fireside tonight, and Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles spoke. It was super powerful. Check out the following link to hear for yourself:

The Spirit testified to me so strongly that the Atonement is real. I felt it stronger than ever before that Jesus not only suffered for our sins but for our pains and weaknesses. He knows EXACTLY what we are going through. If I had one regret in life, it would be that I didn't make the effort to share the Gospel with my friends like I should have. I have had all of these blessings and have never invited my friends to partake of them. But for any of you who are reading this, you can have the same happiness and all of the blessings. Write to me, go to Mormon.org, talk to my family, anything. PLEASE let us share the message of the Gospel of Happiness with you. If nothing else, give it a chance. Taste of the salt. I love you all!

Love,
Elder Aaron Funke
Ordained Disciple of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment