Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MTC

Things are getting to be much better. The language is really coming along a lot better. Elder Kiser and I got a new companion this last week too. Elder Roundy. He is now my 4th companion in 2 weeks. He is from Texas and is going to be serving in LA spanish speaking. Im growing to love both of my companions and the spirit they have. Elder Kiser is really good at playing, "I'm more greatful than you, and I have more blessings than you." Its definitely his favorite game. I let him win, but I know that no one really is more blessed than I am. I have been blessed with an amazing family, who are strong in the church. You all really are such a strength to me. My friends who have always been there through the thick and the thin. I have been blessed to have grown up in this church. I know that this is where I need to be.

We were in the RC the other day and we werent having any luck at all. I stopped Elder Kiser for a minute and offered a prayer. His next call was to a lady named Clydie. He had a good 40 minute conversation with her about the gospel. She is really interested, but doesnt want the missionaries over because she is really REALLY sick. So, instead, we get to call her back and teach her over the phone. We rushed a Book of Mormon to her and we are ready to teach her. We will really be focusing on families and the plan of salvation, and then if we can call her back again we will share the message of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We also started teaching in Spanish this week. It was a little rough at first, but it only is getting better. One of my teachers, Hermano Garcia, had us write "Dear John" letters to the English language the other day. It was really funny. He told us we had to dump english and never look back, at least for 2 years. My teachers are seriously so incredible! I am learning so much! But since writing our "Dear John" letters to English, we are no longer allowed to speak english in our building. And on Wednesdays we cant speak in english at all!!!! not even in the cafeteria. Church on sundays is mostly in Spanish as well. Each week the 40 or so missionaries in my zone prepare a 5 minute talk in spanish on a topic of the branch presidents choice. And then during the meeting on sunday, he picks two to give their talks. Its a little stressful, but its all good. I have just been trying to immerse myself in the language as much as possible. Hermano Garcia is a native of Chile and he is trying to convince us that they speak only spanish in the highest glory of heaven. That really, spanish was God's first language and he had to learn english to be able to communicate with his children who only knew English, but in reality he just wishes that everyone spoke spanish. HAHAHA he is pretty funny.

Jenny Oaks Baker spoke at a fireside the other day and played the violin for us!! She is amazing! Look her up if you dont know who she is. She is pretty famous. ALso look at a picture of her. She is 40 and has 4 kids, but looks like she is 25!! insane! Elder Oaks, her father, was there as well, but didnt speak to us.

I know this Gospel is true. The spirit testifies to me everyday that it is. I know that the Book of Mormon is true!!! I want everyone to know for themselves that it is true. And I know that they can, if they will just read and pray! Moroni 10:3-5. They will know the truth of it.

I love you all,

Elder Aaron Oscar Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment