Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MTC - July 27, 2010 - 1 MONTH DOWN

Well hey everyone!!!

Time is flying here in the MTC. Can you believe that I am now on my 5th week. Crazy right?!

It is the same old same old everyday, but for some reason it goes by sooooooo fast! I don't even know how to explain it. It seems like it has been a month already, but it feels like it has been the fastest month of my life. I have a bunch of good friends who are leaving or have left this week. I'm sending some pictures home that I have with them. Elder Mills has been here for 16 weeks waiting for his visa to go to Torrion, Mexico. Elders Stucki, White (who happens to be black), and Gosnell (if you remember Mikey from the cartoon show Recess, that is E. Gosnell) all leave in the next couple of days for Mexico. They have been here 14 weeks. Chances are that I will be reassigned rather than wait for my visa. I will be sent to a mission somewhere in the states for a couple months while I wait for my Visa. Wouldn't it be cool if I got to be in Salt Lake City one last time for General Conference??? Anyway, please keep my Visa in your prayers.

On Thursday about 15 of us played this game where you were only allowed to speak 19 words of English the entire day. At about 9 PM I failed and spoke my 20th word. The punishment: walk around like a T-rex with your elbows in and your hands close to your face for the entire next day. Let's just say that getting changed and going through the food lines in the cafeteria were ridiculous. Oh and while we played soccer it looked super funny. It's the little things like this that make our time here really fun.

My comp.(E. Kiser) and I are continuing to improve with our teaching. We spoke to our REAL investigator again yesterday. Seriously, look her up. Her name is Clydie King. She sang with the Beejees, Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra and on just about every Motown album between 1970-1990. Pretty incredible lady. She has incredible faith in prayer which is totally awesome.

I have come to the point, that I am done worrying about things. The language, people back home, my companionship, our lessons, etc. My life is completely in the Lord's hands now. He is going to help me get through all of the hard times I may have. My faith is growing as is my knowledge. I can't wait to get to Mexico and share my faith with others. So that they can feel the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. "That they might know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, that thou hast sent." I am so excited to share that with people. This is my purpose. To invite others to come unto Christ. "To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

I know that this church is true, with all my heart. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us. He shows his love for us by calling real prophets on the Earth today, that they can share His words with us. The book of Mormon is the word of God. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that He died for our sins, that we can return to our Father in Heaven when this life is over. Not only will we return to be with him, but we will return to him with our families. I love you all and you are in my prayers. Keep writing, I love hearing from you and I will do my best to write back.

Love,

Elder Aaron Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment