Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 8, 2010

First Week in MTC

The MTC has been great so far. I have been a little frusurated but all is well. I got here and was put into an awesome district. My companion, E. Raines didnt show up, they told me he was sick or something. So i was put with two other elders, E. Ott and E. Nichols. I grew to love those two in the short time we were together. On my second day I was transfered!! I found that to be pretty funny. I was tranfered into an "intermediate" district. Apparently my teachers thought i was too good at spanish for their class. My new comp. is E. Kiser. I have a new address too. everything is the same, but it is mailbox 294. so that changed. The first couple of days here (in the new district) were extremely hard. Instantly my faith was smashed to the ground. I didnt understand a single word of what my native spanish speaking teacher was saying. I am definitely the weakest link in the class/district. My district is pretty funny. At first I thought they were really weird, but they are growing on me and I really enjoy being around them now. The language is already starting to click and my faith is growing. My branch president interviewed me on sunday and set me straight. He said "Elder Funke, you dont have enough faith. You are trying to do to much your self and you are worrying to much. Trust in the Lord and he will provide for you." Since then my faith and hope is growing so much!!! I was really down on sunday. I was thinking "there is no way I can do this!!! It is just too hard." But those thoughts are gone and I am well now. I love being here. The spirit is so strong with everything we do. I am realizing how personable the gospel is. I feel like becoming a missionary, is like becoming a therapist, You have to recognize peoples problems and then deal with them. I dont think i will be able to write all that I want to this week. there is only 30 min. to write emails, but this evening I will write you a letter too. I am realizing how important families are in this gospel. I love you all so very much! I have already began to lose myself in the work. I know this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I want EVERYONE to have the chance to read it and for them to pray and know for themselves if it is true. I love this gospel so very much. I have felt the love of the Savior in my life and I hope everyone can find that peace and love for themselves through reading the Book of Mormon. I will send some pictures home soon. (they have to develop and what not.)
Pray, Read, and Ponder. Its true!!!

Love,
Elder Funke

No comments:

Post a Comment